Leave a comment

Revell’s P-26 with a twist.

Hello dear readers (and deer readers),

I’m going to go ahead and pretend it hasn’t been 2+ years since my previous update and just jump right into a new topic.

Tonight I have started work on Revell’s P-26 Peashooter. Its an elderly kit and is way short on detail. But like many kits of the era (late 60s) it has a fairly accurate overall shape.

I will be using the excellent resin upgrade sets from Starfighter Decals to bring the kit up to a more contemporary standard. In the past, the most I’ve ever done with resin was to install an ejection seat or a bomb or missile, so this is a bit intimidating to me.

The Starfighter set is most excellent. The quality of the castings is top notch, and the pieces are engineered in a way to make removal from casting blocks relatively easy.

The set also comes with a very detailed text with photos instruction guide, so if I screw up its going to be my fault and not Starfighter’s.

The eagle eyed will notice I’ve already removed the pilot’s side door, but I have not yet played with the resin bits. Construction will begin in earnest tomorrow. I got my breathing mask for when I start sanding resin (a carcinogen I’m told), and I’m excited to learn how to do something new.

Stay tuned for updates in the coming days.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: