Hello dear readers (and deer readers),
I’m going to go ahead and pretend it hasn’t been 2+ years since my previous update and just jump right into a new topic.
Tonight I have started work on Revell’s P-26 Peashooter. Its an elderly kit and is way short on detail. But like many kits of the era (late 60s) it has a fairly accurate overall shape.
I will be using the excellent resin upgrade sets from Starfighter Decals to bring the kit up to a more contemporary standard. In the past, the most I’ve ever done with resin was to install an ejection seat or a bomb or missile, so this is a bit intimidating to me.
The Starfighter set is most excellent. The quality of the castings is top notch, and the pieces are engineered in a way to make removal from casting blocks relatively easy.
The set also comes with a very detailed text with photos instruction guide, so if I screw up its going to be my fault and not Starfighter’s.
The eagle eyed will notice I’ve already removed the pilot’s side door, but I have not yet played with the resin bits. Construction will begin in earnest tomorrow. I got my breathing mask for when I start sanding resin (a carcinogen I’m told), and I’m excited to learn how to do something new.
Stay tuned for updates in the coming days.